Discovery Park & Golden Gardens Engagement Photos
Nerys & Nate are such fun and down-to-earth people. Dan and I have been so lucky to have them (and Cheeba!) as our neighbors for the last few years. (You might actually recognize Nerys from the photo shoot I did of her with her best friend Courtney HERE.) I knew they were going to the Space Needle on New Year’s Eve and I had a feeling Nate was going to proposeIt was such a special night for them and some of their greatest friends were there to celebrate, as well.
We did their engagement photos at Discovery Park & Golden Gardens. It was a mostly overcast day and we were so glad that the rain held off until a few minutes after we were finished.
I started adding “10 Things About Me” (about my clients) in my glamour & headshot photo posts and I realized last week that I should be doing the same for my wedding clients! So, I asked Nerys & Nate to write me a list of 10 things about them.
10 Things You Might Not Know About Nerys & Nate
1. We first met working as servers at an Italian restaurant in Eugene, Oregon just before starting our last year of college
2. When it comes to planning and organization we are quite the opposite. I plan months in advance and makes lists for list and Nate, well, he doesn’t really do any of those things.
3. When we get married later this year we will share the same initials: NJS
4. We have a 13″ height difference which makes for a good team when a magnet falls under the fridge or a light bulb needs to be changed
5. Nate would love to get in a shark cage and experience the thrill and I would rather die (Ok maybe not, but I could think of a million other things I would rather be doing)
6. Nate is always hot, I am always cold. On the regular, you’ll find me in sweats and socks wrapped in a blanket on the couch and Nate will be lying on the ground sweating in shorts and a tank. It’s always a debate whether to turn up the heat or open a window.
7. We are really good at making up words to any song and performing them as duets. It’s not hard to beat, but Nate is hands down the better singer.
8. A few things we both love; hot yoga, fast cars, coffee, gum, our fury baby Cheeba, which has led to a very spoiled 12 year old Bull Terrier, and long runs (oh wait, only Nate LOVES that! I just do it for the exercise!)
9. When it comes to food, Nate is pretty picky and I’m definitely NOT, but we both like sweet treats. Nate’s would be an easy choice, going with Reese’s peanut butter cups and I would have to stick with carrot cake….with cream cheese frosting of course.
10. On numerous occasions we’ve been told our celebrity look a likes (in their younger days) are:
Tommy Lee (hahaha) and Olivia Newton John (hmmm… what?)
, Seattle Wedding Photographer | Seattle Headshots | Seattle Glamour Photography