UPDATE: The winner of the photo shoot is…. The Mathews Family! (Ashley & Wesley). Congrats!! Can’t wait to meet you!
As some of you may know, our beautiful, loving, quick-witted Katie Douglass has cancer. After suffering horrible back pain and numbness, a Sarcoma tumor was found wrapped around her spine and there are also spots on her liver and lung. She underwent spinal surgery to remove the tumor and some of her vertebrae and to have titanium rods implanted along her spine. Katie’s nerves around her spine were severed during the surgery. As a result, she lost the use of her hands. This is only temporary — she is continually improving — but, it could take up to a year for her hands to be back to normal. She is also receiving aggressive chemotherapy. Katie is staying positive and she is making great progress towards being cancer-free every day! But, because of all of this, she is obviously unable to work right now. On top of the physical and emotional struggles that come along with fighting cancer, there are crazy medical bills that pile up.
Katie and her husband Matt have two beautiful children, Shea & Everett. Katie is an incredible mother, wife, friend, daughter, niece, cousin, coworker — the list goes on. Katie was my Maid of Honor in our wedding and has been my BFF for 23 years. She is one of the most important people in my life. I HATE that she has to go through this and I have no doubt that she will completely recover from cancer — my girl is a fighter!
In the meantime, to help lessen the burden of her medical bills, I decided to raffle off a photo shoot. If you would like to enter to win, or if you would just like to donate a few bucks to help with Katie’s medical bills, please complete the following steps:
(You can donate directly to Katie HERE if you aren’t entering the raffle)
YOU HAVE UNTIL SEPTEMBER 26TH TO ENTER – The raffle will close after September 26th.
1. Click on the GIVE NOW button on the photo below. This will take you to a donation page. (The donation page is a separate page that I will be viewing to get the names of the people who have donated to enter the raffle.)
2. Enter the amount that you want to donate. For every $20 you donate, you will receive one entry into the raffle for the family photo shoot. (For example, if you donate $100, you will receive 5 entries. The winner must be willing to travel to within 30 miles of either 48170 or 98103 for the photo shoot — more details below.) Click continue.
3. Enter your name and email address, (message is optional). The amount you donate and your name must be PUBLIC in order to enter the raffle. If this information is not public, you will not be entered. Click continue.
4. You will be redirected to Matt & Katie’s Paypal where you will make the actual donation.
Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart! I can’t wait to throw a huge bash to celebrate when Katie is cancer-free!!!
* The contest will run from September 18-26, 2014. The winner of the photo shoot must be willing to travel to within 30 miles of 48170 (Plymouth, MI) or 98103 (Seattle, WA) for the shoot. Scheduled photo shoot date will be coordinated based on photographer’s current bookings and availability. The prize is a 60 minute portrait session for up to 5 people and 25 edited high-resolution digital images. The winner will be announced by September 30, 2014 via facebook and on my blog. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.