Jenna and I met on the set of creativeLIVE a little over a year ago. She is a brilliant business woman, an amazing friend, and a fantastic wedding photographer based in Wisconsin. We kept in touch over that last year and chatted about our dreams, successes, and just life in general. She is all-around awesome and I was thrilled when she said she was going to be visiting Seattle and that she wanted to book a glamour photo shoot.
On her blog, she wrote a bit about her experience with me and why she thinks doing a photo shoot is so important. I got all teary-eyed reading it! You should definitely check it out; she took some gorgeous behind-the-scenes-photos (click here).
I asked Jenna to share with me a list of 10 things we might not know about her.
10 Things You Might Not Know About Jenna
1. I used to want to be a surgeon. I watched those gross shows on TV and signed up as a pre-med student for college only to change upon arrival and choose communications and business. Now I am a photographer, life is funny… isn’t it.
2. Me and my husband were best friends for three years before we dated. We had a joke that we had to kiss just once before he graduated and left just to see what it would be like… apparently it was good because we are now happily married.
3. I once was cast as Beauty in the play Beauty and the Beast, my sister was cast as Gargoyle #6… she still holds that over my head. (That was also the first and last time I sang on stage in public.)
4. I hate showering. I don’t mind the act of showering but having wet hair drives me crazy and I pretty much never blow dry my hair. I blame it on the years that I was on a swim team and lived in the pool.
5. Speaking of which, I was a collegiate diver. I did spring board diving through high school and college. I still hold school records and haven’t touched a diving board since my last meet senior year.
6. Up until last year I had never flown alone. I was scared that I wouldn’t know what to do… funny, because I have taken over 20 flights by myself in the last 365 days and flown more than I would like to admit.
7. I have the tastebuds of a five year old. My favorite foods include: macaroni and cheese shapes, grilled cheese, spaghettios, potato smiles, and chicken nuggets…. I would eat these food items every day if I could and my shopping cart is embarrassing when I grocery shop. (I may pretend that I have children at home to avoid judgement.)
8. My dogs keep me sane. Working from home in isolation would be unbearable without my two little rescue pups who sleep in my lap and listen to me talk to myself. They are my children and see how crazy I am – while still loving me. Thank God they can’t talk.
9. I can do pull ups, hand stand push ups, lift heavy weights and climb ropes. I do CrossFit and it’s a huge part of my identity. It has enabled me to meet some of my best friends and it a daily outing that gets me moving and allows social interaction.
10. I am an introvert: it seems weird because I am probably one of the most confident and outgoing humans you will ever meet but I love my time alone and my perfect day would include me working from home, drinking a glass of wine, and taking a nap – yes, I am obsessed with naps.
Something Jenna didn’t mention on her list is that she creates GORGEOUS watercolor quotes and paintings. She announced that tomorrow she is launching her online shop and I will be one of her first customers. If you follow her on Instagram @jennakutcher, you can see her beautiful work.
Nikki Closser, Seattle Glamour Photographer